Senator Bernie Sanders’ $3.5 trillion so-called “infrastructure” plan threatens the health care of American families and drastically expands the government’s control over our health care.
Let’s take a look at where that money would go:
- It expands Medicare, further straining that financially challenged program and potentially subjecting seniors to bureaucratic rationing.
- It bribes states to expand Medicaid, taking resources away from those who need help the most and putting pressure on states to either raise taxes or cut spending on other critical programs.
- It includes a permanent subsidy giveaway to big insurance companies.
- It’s welfare for the wealthy by making them eligible for subsidized insurance.
- It hands $400 billion to labor unions and special interest groups, with no benefit to health care workers or those for whom they’re caring.
And how would Washington try to pay for it? With historic tax hikes that would slow our recovery, hurt workers' wages, and crush small business. That includes a 95% tax hike on prescription drugs!
We can improve health care, empower families, make improvements to infrastructure, and address other critical needs without massive tax increases, trillions in new spending, and a government takeover of Americans’ health care.