The idea of free expression is one that has prevailed in higher education for decades, and North Dakota’s college campuses should continue to encourage free expression and debate.
HB 1503 recently passed the North Dakota Legislature, and will protect free expression for students, faculty, and the public on North Dakota’s college campuses by requiring them to adopt free-speech policies that:
• Protect students’ rights to free speech, assembly, and expression.
• Protects the academic freedom and the free speech rights of faculty.
• Promotes involvement of free speech events.
• Bans burdensome restrictions on spontaneous speech.
• Allows institutions to enforce reasonable restrictions while remaining constitutional.
Your lawmaker voted to allow North Dakota’s college campuses to uphold free speech and openly encourage free expression and debate.
Thank your lawmaker for fighting for free expression on our college campuses by voting in favor of HB 1503!