We need effective government reforms if Oklahoma is going to be a strong and prosperous state. That means some tough but meaningful decisions from our lawmakers. They should embrace government accountability, responsible spending and fewer barriers to success to make Oklahoma an even better place to work and live.
We can do better than we are doing right now. Reforms will make our state a great place to live, work and build our lives. Tell your lawmakers you want them to support policies for more accountable and responsible government spending and freedom for Oklahomans!
Accountability – Ensure government spending and budgeting are transparent and accountable to the taxpayers
- Grant the governor the power to appoint state agency directors.
- Pass line-item budgets for the largest state agencies.
- Require state agencies to report the amount of federal funds received, to rank the funds according to the agency’s reliance on them and to report the cost incurred to comply with federal requirements associated with the funds.
Responsibility - Establish responsible spending practices and reviews
- Form a state budget office so estimates and fiscal analyses are reliable.
- Reform education funding to produce better, data-driven outcomes for students and incentivize the best teachers.
Freedom – Give Oklahomans more freedom to buy and work
- Allow for direct-to-consumer vehicle sales to limit regulation.
- Push for modernization of occupational licensure in the state through an ongoing commission that would identify issues within licensing and a database to track licenses the state issues to improve the system and increase the number of those working in licensed professions.