He is leading on justice reform!
The JUSTICE Act, recently written and introduced by Senator Tim Scott, is a common-sense bill that brings needed reforms to our nation’s policing policies.
Some of the many reforms this bill makes include:
• Requiring state and local governments receiving certain federal funds to report use of force incidents
• Requiring state and local governments receiving certain federal funds to report all no-knock warrants
• Requiring the DOJ Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) to develop curriculum and certification standards for training regarding use of force, de-escalation, and responding to behavioral health crises
• Requiring the AG to develop training for local and state law enforcement regarding officers intervening when another officer engages in excessive use of force
• Criminalizing federal law enforcement engaging in sexual acts with an individual who is under arrest, is detained or is in prison
Thank Senator Scott for leading on these important reforms and urge him to continue his fight to pass this bill!