Little Rock cannot afford another sales tax hike.
Little Rock residents and taxpayers can’t afford another tax increase.
This September, voters in Little Rock should vote AGAINST the proposed Penny Sales Tax Initiative!
If passed, this proposal would:
- Raise the Little Rock sales tax from 9% to 9.625% (higher than New York City’s current sales tax of 8.875%).
- Cost Little Rock taxpayers $53 million per year over 10 years for a grand total of $530 million in tax dollars.
- Disproportionally affect low-income families.
- Harm our economic recovery and development, as Little Rock’s sales tax rate would no longer be competitive with other regional cities.
- Raise the cost of groceries and utilities in Little Rock, despite two Governors working hard to reduce the sales tax on groceries in Arkansas. If this tax passes, it will undo those tax cuts and add more taxes to utility costs in Little Rock.
Make no mistake: Sales tax is the most regressive form of taxation. Higher sales taxes affect low-income residents the most, and a higher sales tax will make Little Rock less competitive in attracting new residents and businesses.
Starting on September 7th, vote AGAINST the proposed Penny Sales Tax Initiative!
Paid for by Americans for Prosperity and was approved by the Responsible Taxation for Little Rock Ballot Question Committee.