According to many metrics, Illinoisans pay some of the highest taxes in the nation, including the:
- Highest combined state and local taxes in the nation, at 15.1% of income
- Highest property taxes in the nation at 2.22 percent of home value
- Highest wireless phone tax in the nation at 22.37%
- 3rd highest combined taxes and fees on gasoline in the nation at 52.01 cents per gallon
- 5th highest corporate income tax rate in the nation at 9.5%
- 6th highest combined state and local sales tax burden at 9.08%
Unfortunately, Lake County residents pay an even higher tax burden than most Illinoisans.
- Residents pay the highest property tax rates in Illinois at 2.78 percent of home value. This is 25% higher than the state average of 2.22 percent and 143% higher than the national average of 1.14 percent.
- Lake County recently became only the 6th county in the state of Illinois to impose an additional county tax (4 cents per gallon) on top of Illinois’ 3rd highest in the nation 52.01 cents per gallon gasoline tax.
Lake County politicians should reject tax hikes. Lake County residents need tax relief instead.
Add your name to the list of Lake County residents who support tax relief!