Nebraskans deserve relief
It’s no secret that Nebraska is suffering from an outdated tax code.
Nebraska’s families, businesses, farmers and ranchers deserve real tax relief. For too long, reasonable and responsible tax reform has been out of reach, restricting economic growth and opportunity for thousands of Nebraskans.
From high income taxes to unnecessarily high property taxes, Nebraska is becoming less competitive and attractive for businesses and families.
Lawmakers should include the following components in any proposals to reform our tax code and help create opportunity for all Nebraskans:
• Move towards student-centered funding for K-12 – helping schools rely less on property taxes for funding.
• Remove exemptions and lower the sales tax rate – helping low-income families and communities that are disproportionately hurt by high sales taxes.
• Eliminate the brackets and lower the corporate and state income tax rates – making our state a more attractive place for businesses and families.
• Phase out business incentives – the government should not be in the practice of picking winners and losers. We can divert this money to other critical priorities, like K-12, which would help lower schools’ reliance on property taxes.
• Enact a truth in taxation act – ensuring lawmakers are good stewards of taxpayer dollars.
Sign this petition if you want legislators to deliver tax reform that our state needs!